what is your earth day pledge?
we do practice some here. let's see.
- we use recycleable shopping bags.
- we reuse all plastic bags.
- we don't buy bottled mineral water.
- we reduce our consumption of meat.
- we eat organic produce.
- we use natural soap/cleaners.
- we car pool.
- we compost our waste.
- we recycle newspapers, all paper products and glass bottles.
- 90% of our light bulbs are of energy saving variety.
- we only use rechargeable batteries.
- reduce further our consumption of water and electricity. current monthly water bill is the minimum charge of rm6 and electricity bill averages rm40.
- we don't use air conditioning at home at all. on very hot nights, we switch it on for only 2-3 hours to cool down the room.
hmm... this is all i could think of, the initiatives we are taking right now. will definitely add to it!
so what's your pledge?